All of AFLA’s affiliated pregnancy help providers & Life affirming ministries, whether they are pregnancy help centers, maternity homes or adoption services, make a commitment to serve their community with honesty, integrity, and equality.
They adopt “Our Commitment of Care and Competence.”
Our Financial Pledge:
• We will use every gift received for the purpose in which it is intended.
• We will be accountable and transparent regarding the finances of AFLA.
• We will follow standards of excellence in financial management, auditing, and reporting.
Generous giving and hard work toward a high calling make for a sacred partnership. We are committed to manage donor resources to achieve maximum impact at a minimum cost.
All staff of AFLA receive modest salaries and benefits. Our financial goal is to win trust, work faithfully, report regularly, and therefore produce an army of “glad givers” committed to ongoing partnership in this Great Work.
Our Commitment & Principles...
Our Commitment of Care & Competence, Principles, Program policies & Financial Pledge
Our Commitment of Care and Competence
• Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability, or other arbitrary circumstances.
• Clients are treated with kindness, compassion, and in a caring manner.
• Clients always receive honest and open answers.
• Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
• Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
• Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
• We do not offer, recommend, or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
• All of our advertising and communication are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
• We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
• We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
• We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
• Medical services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
• All of our staff, board members, and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.
• AFLA’s affiliates propose and offer, through education and creative services, positive choices for the woman challenged by pregnancy.
• AFLA’s affiliates shall not discriminate in their services on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, or marital status.
• AFLA’s affiliates’ services are personal, confidential, and non-judgmental.
• AFLA’s affiliates shall not advise, provide, or refer for abortion or abortifacients.
• AFLA’s affiliates encourage chastity as a positive lifestyle choice.
AFLA’s Program Policies
• AFLA does not promote abortion or abortifacients.
• AFLA does not promote birth control (devices or medications) for family planning, population control, or health issues, including disease prevention.
• AFLA does promote God's Plan for our sexuality: marriage between one man and one woman, sexual intimacy, children, unconditional/unselfish love, and relationship with God must go together.
• AFLA does promote sexual integrity/sexual purity before marriage and sexual integrity faithfulness within marriage.
• All AFLA policies and materials are consistent with Biblical principles and with orthodox Christian (Catholic, Protestant / Evangelical, and Orthodox) ethical principles and teaching on the dignity of the human person and sanctity of human life.